Tuesday, December 6, 2011

ENCOURAGED

Yesterday was a day I was so excited to be where I am doing what I’m doing. A student had gotten sent home for a personal reason, having some coping and medical issues that could have potentially threatened her health. There was a meeting with her counselors, the administration and her grandparents. At the last minute, the student asked me if I’d sit in as well in support of her. She has been getting more involved with me by going to church on the weekends and becoming more involved with my family.

This group met for several hours going over her history and really trying to assess her ability to function from day to day if she was allowed to return. At one point her grandmother said she really has seen a difference for the better in her granddaughter this fall, and she would probably attribute it to her involvement with me, her reaching out for God and in her seeking to reclaim her spirituality. Ultimately, it was decided that she could return as long as she could continue to maintain her health and move forward in her healing along with the support of others.

I am so honored to be able to play this role in the lives of students and give God all the glory for bringing us here to help make a difference in the lives of Indian students.

No comments:

Post a Comment